Monday, October 11, 2010

Influencial Books

I am what you call a required reader, a person who only reads if he has to.  So unfortunatley most books I have read are textbooks.  Textbooks are boring and most of the time you forget what you read as soon as the page turns.  Books however can stick to you and even sometimes change the way you view life.  Even though I am not a book head there are a handful of books that have stuck to me ever since I read them. 
Last year, in my English class, I had to read PersepolisPersepolis by Marjane Satrapi is a memoir about growing up during the famous Iran revolution.  The reason why this book stuck to me is it was a true story and the things she went through as a kid was amazing.  After reading Persepolis I instantly felt blessed with my life.  Like every person I complain about life but in reality I should be grateful.  Grateful that I live in America and never had to experience airplane bombs in my neighborhood. 

The next book that influence me was Dale Carnegie's How to win Friends and Influence People.  The book was recommended by a good friend.  He told this book came improve your self being and be more of a influential guy.  I recommend this book for everyone even if you think you don't need it.  This book turned an asshole of a guy to a halfway decent man after one read. 

Out of all the books I have read, The Game:Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists by Neill Strauss is the most influential for me out of all the books I have read in my life.  The book is about a chump nerd who turned himself into the best pickup artist in the world.  The book shows his journey and life with other pickup artist.  The book shows great insight of a society that a lot people do not know that exist.  Not only was it a fun read the book gives you numerous tips in how to pick up women.  The crazy thing about this book is that those tips and techniques they tell you to use actually do work.  After reading this book, I know truly believe any guy can get any women he desires.  Looks, money, your car do not matter.  As long as you have it you have a fighting chance.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know that some required books are actually appreciated! Dale Carnegie's book was one of the first self-help books, and is still very successful.

    ReplyDelete