Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Movie Blog

My favorite of 2009 was Star Trek.  I was one of those people that was never into Star Trek.  I always thought that the people that watch Star Trek were nerds and I showed no interest in the movie at all.  Then when I saw the trailer for the new Star Trek and how they were restarting the franchise I was not at all excited.  I was a little intrigue though because J.J. Abrams was directing it.  As a Lost fan I look out for J.J. Abrams work.  Through word of mouth and rottentomatoes I gave the movie a chance and fell in love with it right at the opening scene.  The story was great and even better the sound score was perfect.  The best part about it is you did not have to be a Star Trek stan to enjoy and love this movie.  

Picking a all time favorite movie is like picking which one of your kids you love the most.  There are way too many movies for me to pick a number one.  I have probably 30 movies in my top ten if that makes any sense.  I like everything from "Godfather" to "Jerry Maguire" to "Reservoir Dogs" to even "When Harry met Sally".
From the top of head "Good Will Hunting"is the one that stands out.  Matt Damon's performance was outstanding and the script of the movie was perfect. It's a shame that they don't make movies like that anymore.     

2 comments:

  1. yeh no doubt star trek is awsome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Good Will Hunting. To me it was fresh, not as predictable as some movies are.

    ReplyDelete